The Late Flight After School Club is based in our School House and has been set up to provide childcare after school for the pupils of South Walney Infant and Nursery School (from Reception upwards) and South Walney Junior School.
The Club is open from 3.15pm to 6.00pm Monday to Friday during term time.
We are flexible to meet your needs:
- bookings can be on a regular or on an ad hoc basis;
- children can attend any number of days a week from 3.15pm.
All children will be offered a snack.
The cost of the club is as follows:
3.15pm - 5.00pm - £5.00 per session
3.15pm - 6.00pm - £7.50 per session
If children are not collected before 6.00pm, parents/carers will be charged a late pick up fee of £10.00.
The Afterschool Club Aims:
- to support working parents by providing a high quality service which meets the needs of both parents/carers and children;
- to provide a reliable, safe, supportive and welcoming environment where children can play, have fun, relax and be with friends;
- peace of mind for parents/carers, knowing that your child is safe and happy in a club that is reliable and offers a consistent service.
The Afterschool Club will:
- provide the highest possible standard of care in secure and supportive surroundings;
- create an environment where children can relax after the school day, we want them to feel comfortable and happy;
- encourage children to join in a variety of activities and play;
- create opportunities to support learning (by helping with homework and reading);
- employ caring and qualified supervisory staff.
The Club starts at 3.15pm. Children can be collected from South Walney Infant and Nursery School by prior arrangement. Children from the Junior School will be asked to walk across the playground to the back door of the School House. Once at the Club the register is taken and the children have a chance to settle down, relax and have a drink. Weather permitting they can play in the outside area or with an activity inside. At around 4.15pm to 4.30pm the children will have their snack followed by a planned activity.
Only people authorised by the parents/carers on your child’s registration form are allowed to collect your child, unless staff are informed otherwise. All children should be collected by 6.00pm. If you are running a little late please let us know. Children who are not collected by 6.00pm will be charged a late pick up fee of £10.00.
Numbers are limited to ensure a safe adult:child ratio, so please ensure that you book your child’s place in advance
To book a place for your child in the Afterschool Club please fill out booking and registration forms or speak to the school office. You can email your booking forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.