The Early Birds Breakfast Club is based in our School House and is the ideal place to leave your children in the morning before school.
The Club is open from 7.30am to 8.45am Monday to Friday during term time. Membership of the Club is available to children from Reception (attending South Walney Infant and Nursery School) to Year 6 (attending South Walney Junior School)
We are flexible to meet your needs:
- bookings can be on a regular or on an ad hoc basis;
- children can attend any number of days a week from 7.30am.
The cost of the club is £3.00 per session which includes breakfast.
The Breakfast Club aims:
- to support working parents by providing a high quality services which meets the needs of both parents/carers and children;
- to provide a reliable, safe, supportive and welcoming environment where children can play, have fun, relax and be with friends;
- to offer the children the opportunity of having a healthy breakfast at the start of the school day.
The Breakfast Club will provide:
- a healthy breakfast with a choice of cereal (porridge or crumpets are offered in the winter) plus a choice of fruit juice, milk or water;
- activities after breakfast – such as drawing, board games, crafts, play or a quiet area where the children can work if they wish;
- respect for any dietary, religious or medical requirements;
- a high standard of care in a secure and supportive environment. We want children to feel relaxed and happy before starting the school day;
- opportunities to support learning (by helping with homework and reading);
- caring and qualified supervisory staff.
No responsibility will be taken for children arriving before 7.30am. Entrance to the Breakfast Club is by the front door of the School House located on Mikasa Street. Children will remain in the care of the Breakfast Club staff until 8.45am when they will be taken either to South Walney Infant and Nursery School or into the Junior School. Key Stage 1 children will be escorted to their classrooms whilst Key Stage 2 children will be allowed to make their own way to their classrooms.
Numbers are limited to ensure a safe adult:child ratio, so please ensure that your child’s place is booked in advance.
You will also be required to completed a Registration Form and comply with the Club’s Terms & Conditions.
To book a place for your child in the Breakfast Club please fill out booking and registration forms or speak the school office. You can email your booking forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.